A Random Header Image
18th April 2005

I love this meme!

posted in Uncategorized |

Yes, if I was a lemming, I’d jump off the cliff too–we’d have such a great time on the fall down!

Comment and I’ll tell you something I adore about you.
Afterwards, copy and paste this into your own journal.

Anybody, even if you feel like we don’t know much about each other yet… There are reasons that you’re on my flist.

ETA: Ran out of time tonight. Will continue tomorrow, so if I haven’t gotten to you, be patient!

This entry was posted on Monday, April 18th, 2005 at 11:59 pm and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

18 Comments

• *comments* 😉

How are you? I’m missing you like crazy.

*HUGS*

• admin says:

Ellie, Ellie, Ellie, how much do I love you? This really won’t do justice to how much I care for you.

We’ve known each other for almost a year and a half now – I keep going back to that, because I swear I’ve known you my entire life. From the very first moment, when you found my LJ, you’ve been my friend. I adored you from the beginning because of your love of Frodo and Elijah and it’s hard not to adore fellow hobbits-at-heart. You allow my fangirlness to come out–and you allow me to infect you with my own *coughJesscough*. And there’s nobody else the I can gripe about slash to and have them understand my position. I adore you because I can get into an IM conversation and you’ll say something–and it would be so similar to what I want to say. I can say anything to you and you’ll understand. I adore you because you shower me with gifts (I’m greedy that way!). Icons. Stories that you haven’t let anybody else read. I adore you because you make me feel like I’m not alone. You are always there to offer support. Always, even though you’re an ocean and two continents away, I can always count on you. You are in a word, awesome, and I cannot wait for that time in the nearish future that we will actually meet!

• I can’t believe that it’s almost a year and a half! I still come back to the question – what if I didn’t do a bit of lj-hopping that day and stumbled over your journal? And a little secret – I almost didn’t leave that comment. But I’m very, very glad I came back and did because I’ve found a wonderful friend.

Lots of love.

Me

• admin says:

That’s a really scary thought, Ellie! I’m soooo glad you commented, because I’m not sure that I would have ever found you… The LJ world is so large! I’m so blessed to have you in my life, my dear, dear friend.

Lots of love back!

• oh, why not – it will give me a chance to say hi.

• admin says:

😉 I’m glad it got you to drop by!

Tay, I adore you for many reasons. The first that came to mind was because your writing. Through your words, I’ve found ways of looking beyond the ordinary, for the layers of meaning in my life as well. I adore you for exposing me fully to the “practicality” and the real purpose of myth–I will never read anything the same way again. And I really miss discussing LOTR mythology with you and the rest of the Inklings. *sigh*

Another reason I’m fond of you is your love for your husband. I know that sounds weird but the thought that you and Jim are still so in love with each after many years just makes me happy. You both have been an inspiration for what I want my future relationships to be like.

I love your cheerful outlook in life–your journal entries often have me rolling in laughter. And I love that you allow all of us the opportunity to get to know you through your journal.

I adore you for exposing me to poetry and especially for the NPM poems. I was one of those that never appreciated that particular form of writing, and because of all of your work at HASA and here, I have seen so much beauty. I keep coming back to this, but I love your creative ability. Perhaps it’s because that’s how I first got to know you, but I love how you put so much of yourself into your writing. Your stories mean a great deal to me, I don’t know if you know that. And I adore you for the icons that you’ve made and shared. After hearing about how your “family” had all of the creative talent, I have been astonished with how beautiful and artful all of your icons are.

• admin says:

Duchess Sandy. That’s often how I think of you in my mind, because to me you always have a regal bearing. Like Audrey Hepburn.

Sandy, I adore you because of your courage. I really do. I have read and heard a little bit about your struggles and I admire you excedingly because of your ability to keep getting up and trying again. You refuse to give up even when it because so difficult and I really adore you for that. You have more inner strength than you know–you will be able to conquer those hidden demons, I know it. I adore you because you aren’t afraid to let people know what you believe–regardless or whether they support you for those beliefs. You are unfailing nice and supportive to your friends and to your sisters, and that is a wonderful quality.

And lastly (but most importantly) I adore you because of your very excellent taste in one Mr. Wood. 😀 One can not be a bad person if there is love for that man in your heart.

• Julia, I’m commenting. 😉

Julia, guess what?! It looks (knock on wood), that I’ll be going to see the “Ringers” movie this weekend! My director Jymn is apparently in it quite a bit, and I’m going w/him and his wife/my friend Jenn!

Beforehand, they’re going to show a short film by Billy Boyd, and then after, we all go to the Hard Rock Cafe.

I DON’T KNOW WHAT I’M WEARING.
    I DON’T KNOW WHAT I’M WEARING.
    I DON’T KNOW WHAT I’M WEARING.
    Did I mention that
    I DON’T KNOW WHAT I’M WEARING!?

• admin says:

First of all: EEEE!!! how are you getting to see it? Is it playing in the theaters now?? You’re absolutely going to love it! Remind me and after you see it, I’ll send you How I dressed: I went straight after work, so I think I was in slacks. Or maybe scubs, I can’t remember. Do you have any costumes?

Donna. I adore you. Period. I adore you because you made me feel like a equal way back when, instead of a clueless sophomore. We were friends instantly, and you never let the years get between us, which you so easily could have. I love that you and I could gush and gush for hours about everything, but especially about boys–the super sexy, like Ewan *(et another reason I adore you! You introduced me to the loveliness that was ewanspotting.net once upon a time!). I adore you because you were the first one that I ever felt comfortable enough with to completely open up. I grew up and became a more social ept person because of our friendship, because you wanted to talk to me every week.

I adore you because you let me come and visit you and hang out at your house and entertained me. That visit still sits vividly in my memroy–we so need to do a repeat! (Didn’t I promise to come for the ROTS premiere??). And I adore you because you have always been right there for me–even when I got swamped and didn’t surface for months, you were always there to tug me back. You’re just overall wonderful!

• admin says:

Mai, Mai, Mai.

I’ve been thinking how to best put how much I adore you. You mentioned the emails: how I loved those emails, getting a chance to talk to you and how much I’ve regretted RL encrotching on my few minutes of free time. You are truly one of the sweetest people I know. Seriously. And one of the maturest. I’ve never felt like our age difference was a hinderance and I always felt like I could talk easily to you.

I adore you for your stories. There’s a part of me (okay, it’s rather big) that wishes that you would continue feeling the Literati love, because you captured Jess so well, in so few words. Your stories were lyrical and moving.

I adore you because all of the times that you were having trouble with your friends, you never once considered being somebody different than who you are. You stayed strong and, from appearance, it looks like you have found your niche. I’m so glad that you are allowing others to see you, to see that wonderful person that you are.

I adore you for your webcreating skills. Am so jealous of how creativity you possess, and how you are willing to share it with everybody. You are an amazing person!

• Like you didn’t see this coming. 😉

• admin says:

What, you want me to say more good things about you? Greedy, aren’t we?

Becks, you should know by now how much I adore you. But we shall list it out. The first characteristic that I love about your is your humor. It’s the first thing that drew me in. You have the most incredible sense of humor – you sparkle with wit and you were blessed with the gift of timing and storytelling–the kind of storytelling that kept our ancestors curled around the campfire, enthralled. You can take any situation and make it funny. And it’s real humor, not the slapstick or sitcom type. I’d love to hear you laugh.

I adore you for that inner optimistic that in rough times, only comes out around me. It’s shy, I know, but it’s there. I adore that even with the crappy year + that you’ve had, you still have hope. I ADORE you for getting up the courage to first quit the soul-sucking job, and risk the whole job market again, and then emailing Paul. I know how difficult that was, and I was just as heartbroken because it didn’t work out, but I’m so proud of you of jumping over that hurdle of fear. There’s going to be somebody who realizes how wonderful you are. I promise it.

I adore you for wanting to know (and sometimes demanding to know!) about the mundane details of my life… and putting up with my crappy storytelling techniques (honestly, you now know why my journals and diaries will never be released to the public after my demise). I adore that even though you think I’m old-fashioned, you’re still my friend. You’ve been my support and the steady presence at my side. I adore that you love your family so much, even when they disappoint and annoy and irritate. I adore that you call your brother “Jonathan” just to humor me. And I love how I can feel like I’ve met a soul-sister in you. You wre a kindred spirit from the first moment and I am soooo grateful that I can consider you one of my best friends. I love you, Becka, and don’t you forget it.

• My ego really wants to be a part of this.

Hey whatever happened to the guy you asked out?

• admin says:

I think your ego will like this!

Diana, I gotta say the most obvious thing first. I adore you for your love of X-Files. It had been so long since I had found anybody to really connect with the fandom, and you made me realize how much I had missed being involved in the fandom and how much that show was a part of my life. I’ve loved discussing Mulder and Scully and all of our gripes and pet theories, and I adore you because you are my XF news dealer. I am your junkie!

I adore you because you stick by your beliefs–you have causes that you believe passionately in, and they drive you and motivate you, and I admire that. We do differ in perspectives at times, but we’ve always managed to have some great debates.

I adore you for your ambition. I can’t believe that you are so close to reaching your goal. You’ve really worked hard and you are so close to being famous. Well, okay, maybe not movie star famous, but it’s going to be your name on the credits and that is going to be awesome and I’m so excited for you.

*****
      The guy still had to work, so I ended up going to the concert by myself–but it was fabulous music, so it was a good time regardless. But I did use it to talk to him when I saw him on Sunday and he invited me to see his band perform on Saturday. It’s a friendly invite, but I’m still excited. One small step at a time.